New version of LensTutorial for iOS
Sydney based SmartLearnApps today announces the new version of LensTutorial for iPhone & iPad. LensTutorial 1.4 is a free app that allows to manipulate a photographic lens in a virtual environment. Play with new zoom values to investigate photographic opportunities. You can interactively slide focal length (zoom the lens), lens aperture and focusing distance. The app will show you how depth of field, angle of view and size of the model being photographed is changing according to your selection.
Sydney, Australia – SmartLearnApps today is pleased to announce the new version of LensTutorial for iPhone and iPad. LensTutorial is a free app that allows to manipulate a photographic lens in a virtual environment. You can interactively slide focal length (zoom the lens), lens aperture and focusing distance. The app will show you how depth of field, angle of view and size of the model being photographed is changing according to your selection.
Lens Tutorial is providing ways to play with new zoom values to investigate photographic opportunities and see how lenses in different focal ranges behave in reality. Visual and interactive style simplifies learning for beginner photographers. Experienced photographers will find use for hard numbers that LensTutorial provides in a classic dof calculator fashion. Large font/hi-contrast mode will work well in studio or outdoor environments.
Lens Tutorial can calculate and visualize the following parameters:
* DOF (depth of field)
* Near and far DOF range
* Horizontal angle of view
* Photo model size in units of your choice (metric/imperial)
* 35mm equivalent focal length (compensates for selected digital camera sensor size)
* Standard range of 18-135 mm f/2.8-f/16 for any camera/lens setup
* 3400 cameras in database storing Crop Factor and lens mount information
* 2400 built-in lens specifications for point'n shoot, DSLR-like and other models with no interchangeable lenses
* Upgrade of Aperture from f/0.75 superfast lens to f/64 present in telephoto and macro lenses
* Upgrade of Zoom from ultrawide 14mm to super telephoto 1000 mm range
* Upgrade of Distance from macro-like 2 ft (50 cm) to extreme distant 115 ft (35m)
* Large font scheme with hi-contrast for outdoor use
* Ability to share photographic setups on Twitter, Facebook, email and more
Why LensTutorial is different from all those DOF calcs out there?
There are several important distinctions that make LensTutorial stand out in the crowd:
* Interactive style of handling lens parameters: you slide lens controls and they respond in realtime
* Visual representation: Depth of field / angle of view are both drawn on the screen at the same time and compliment hard numbers
* Look and feel: LensTutorial uses real lens engravings, textures and operation style
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* This app is optimized for iPhone 5
* 7.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
LensTutorial 1.4 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category.
LensTutorial 1.4: http://www.lenstutorial.com
Download from iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lenstutorial/id500543869
Screenshot 1: http://www.lenstutorial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/ipad1.png
Screenshot 2: http://www.lenstutorial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/iphone1.png
SmartLearnApps is an indie developer studio located in Sydney, Australia. The company is started by a software engineer, scientist and photographer Denis V. Darkin. Copyright (C) 2013 SmartLearnApps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
#lenstutorial #smartlearnapps #photoapp #imaginginsider