Sigma Announces new Quattro Digital cameras with Foveon Sensor
Sigma Corporation of Japan announced a new line of compact cameras featuring a brand new Foveon sensor this morning.
· New dp Quattro compact camera series featuring the dp1, dp2 and dp3 Quattro trilogy (note that Sigma is now referring to the cameras using a lowercase “dp”)
· The dp2 Quattro will be the first camera released as part of this series, though pricing and availability have not yet been announced
· New line of cameras will feature a redesigned Foveon APS-c sensor referred to as the “Quattro” because it’s top layer is now broken into quadrants
· These cameras will produce 30% higher resolution than DP Merrill cameras and they contain a faster, TRUE III processor
· Features a 30MP Foveon sensor with resolution matching a 39MP Bayer sensor
#sigmacorp #trueiiiprocessor #quattrocamera #foveon #imaginginsider